Using the application:
Follow the steps one-by-one and you are good to go. Remember these are just suggested methods. You can use it in any order – it won’t matter.
- Add room categories first. Examples of categories are AC Single, AC Double, etc.
- Add room numbers to categories. The room numbers have to be integers. Use positive integers like a hotel should.
- Once the room categories and room numbers are set, you are ready to check-in guests into an empty room.You won’t be able to delete that room or the room category to which the guest is checked in until he/she checks out.
- You won’t be able to delete that room or the room category in which guests are currently checked in.
- You can’t check in other guests while the rooms are occupied.
- Add items to the restaurant menu, if applicable.
- If any checked in guest orders something, you can add the item’s bill to the guest’s account.
- If the guest orders an item from the restaurant, add it by selecting ‘Add Restaurant Orders’.
- You can add any miscellaneous order by selecting ‘Add Other Orders’
- You can check any checked in guest’s billing details by going to ‘Active Billing’.
- You can also add payments made by the guest by selecting add-payment.
- You can check-out any guest by going to ‘Guest Check-out’.
- The guest can be checked out if all his payments are made.
- You view total bill and balance in the check-out form itself.
- You can also clear any pending payment, if applicable, and then check-out the guest.
- Once the guest checks out, the room becomes available for further check-in.
- You can add, remove, update rooms, room categories, restaurant menu at any time.
How to install:
This application is built using C++ and SQLite within the Qt platform. If you want to read or modify the source code, you should know a little bit about C++ and SQL in general. You should also read this wiki page on the Qt site.
- Download source code here.
- Download and install Qt from here.
- To compile the source code, go to the directory where the source code is downloaded. Enter the following commands one-by-one
- qt4-qmake -project
- qt4-qmake innovative.pro
- To run the application –
- innovative (on Windows)
- ./innovative (on Linux)
- open innovative.app (on Mac)